Tuesday 15 May 2018

Chic but Shabby................


Hello! 

Welcome to a new challenge at Digi Choosday Challenge and a new discount code for you to grab on the main challenge blog, where there is a fantastic discount today!

The easiest way to keep up with all things POLKADOODLES is sign up to the newsletter which you can do here.

This week the design team were asked to think of the theme 'Shabby Chic' - so I had to dig deep. I am not good at shabby chic, but thankfully for you, there are some amazingly shabby girls on our design team.............I jest of course.

I decided that the new collection of 'Ruby' was the best way to go (and I am not going to lie, easiest also).

I wanted to use 'Ruby Sweet', you can get her here as the black and white digi or as a precolured digi.


I made a 6x6 card using papers from the Lil Miss Sugarpops 1 Collection, which you can see here and here


I coloured Ruby with my copic markers:
Skin: E50, E51, E21
Hair: E25, E27, E29
Dress: RV11, RV32, V95

I added some lace and flowers as I am pretty sure that adding lace makes anything shabby chic. I also distressed the edges of my papers because I am also sure that this is a requirement to fit into the niche of shabby chic.

So there you have it, my take on shabby chic! 

DO NOT FORGET to go back to that main blog GRAB your DISCOUNT CODE to get money off your digi purchases - this code only lasts until midnight Tuesday night UK time. 

Thank you for popping past, head back to the main blog to see the rest of my chic teammates works of inspiration! 

Hugs


Yvonne x


I am entering the following challenges:

9 comments:

  1. So beautifully feminine! Love those flowers and your lace is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soft, feminine and utterly gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and love the image .
    Hugs Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so perfect for our Shabby Chic this week! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love the image you chose x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous display for that image Yvonne....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pfft not very good at shabby chic?? ... this is beautiful lady! Love the soft delicate colours and your fab colouring!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete