Tuesday 1 May 2018

Darling Buds...............

Hello!

Happy 1st May everyone and I thought what better image to use than one of the gorgeous 'Darling Buds' Collection from Polkadoodles. You can get the entire collection here, or for the image I have used today, you can get 'Tulip' here.

Now as this is a new challenge this week at Digi Choosday Challenge, that means a new discount code for you to grab on the main challenge blog, where there is a fantastic discount today!

The easiest way to keep up with all things POLKADOODLES is sign up to the newsletter which you can do here.

For our challenges the theme is ALWAYS 'Anything Goes' but the design team this week were asked to think 'embossing, wet or dry'. Well I am not so good with the heat gun and the stamping and the wet embossing, so I went for a good old reliable embossing folder.

As you can see I used 'Tulip' and I wanted to make the card all about the image, with her in centre stage.

I made a 7x7 card and used a delicate paper from the Lil Miss Sugarpops Collection 2, which you can get here. I embossed a piece of plain linen card with a butterfly folder I had lurking in my stash.



I coloured her with my copic markers.

I used the following markers:
Skin: E50, E51, E11, R20
Hair: E33, E35, E59
Pinks: RV52, RV63, R81
Greens: YG03, G09, G28

I am quite pleased with how she turned out, she is missing a sentiment but I will add that when I decide who she is being sent to and for what occasion. 


Pop back to the main blog to see the rest of the gorgeous creations from the Design Team, DO NOT FORGET to go back to that main blog GRAB your DISCOUNT CODE to get money off your digi purchases - this code only lasts until midnight on Tuesday 1 May!

We are also looking for Guest Design Team members, details are on the main blog, come join in the fun with us! 

Thanks for popping past!

Hugs

Yvonne x


Lemon Shortbread - Always Anything Goes #66

11 comments:

  1. Ooh, so pretty with the butterfly embossing! Beautiful coloring, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thi is so elegant and pretty! Love your embossing and your gorgeous colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spotted a typo as I hit 'publish'! ⬆︎ Please excuse that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a beauty....love the embossed background Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect card, so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! very pretty color combo! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments Designs, good luck with the draw. Hugs Bea DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great card! Very well coloured image!Thanks for playing with us at The Craftroom Door ATG Challenge! Looking forward to seeing you next time and good luck!
    Regards,
    Sunila & Aditi- DT
    Dots to Lines
    https://dotstolinesblog.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card with a wonderfully colored image -thanks for joining us at Lemon Shortbread!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW ..! So beautiful and elegant card . Love it !
    Hugs Rose

    ReplyDelete